Country Woman Magazine
We love hearing from readers—your contributions are the heart of Country Woman. Here’s how to share a story, photo, tip or comment.
- Email your submissions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to COUNTRY WOMAN, 1610 N 2ND ST STE 102, MILWAUKEE WI 53212-3906.
- Include your name, daytime phone number, email address and mailing address with each submission, including emailed submissions.
- Note which department you’re submitting for, and whether the material has been published before. However, your item may be selected to run in any section of our magazine, or elsewhere.
- Save your stamps! We do not return submitted materials. Send good-quality copies of photos (keep the original!), or email high-resolution JPEG files. Although we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all submissions, we’ll let you know if they’re published.
- We accept high-resolution digital images or color prints on photo paper. Digital images should be about 4×6 inches at a minimum resolution of 300 dots per inch, or about 1200×1800 pixels. Photos must be in focus and of good quality.
- If we print your submission in the magazine, we will send you a complimentary copy of the issue in which it appears, and any payment as may be specified by us.
- By submitting material to us, you grant RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC, its affiliates, partners and licensees worldwide use of the material without time limitation, and the right to include your name and city/state in connection with any such use. We may modify, reproduce and distribute your material in any medium (now or hereafter existing) and in any manner or appropriate place, including but not limited to magazines, promotional merchandise, and marketing and other related materials. We may contact you via phone, email or mail regarding your submission.
Farm and Ranch Living Magazine
We want your photos and stories! Farm & Ranch Living is about farm and ranch folks like you sharing their experiences and memories, and we want to make sharing as easy as possible. At the same time, there are a few things we need to get your story in the pages. To give us all a hand, here’s our Submission Guidelines:
SEND CONTRIBUTIONS TO: Email submissions to email@example.com, or mail to Farm & Ranch Living, 1610 N. 2nd St., Suite 102, Milwaukee WI 53212.
TELL US WHERE TO FIND YOU: Include your full contact information—mailing address, daytime phone number and email address if you have one.
SHARE YOUR SNAPSHOTS: If you’re mailing your photo, don’t chance losing your original! Any photo department can make a print or reprint for pocket change.
If you’re emailing, just attach your digital file. It should be your standard .jpg or .jpeg file, and size should be at least 1800×1200 pixels, or a file size of at least 1MB.
SAVE YOUR STAMPS: We love your mail so much, we’re keeping it! Please, send only copies of stories and photographs, and no SASEs.
WHAT YOU’LL GET: If we print your submission, you’ll receive a complimentary advance copy of that issue, plus a thank-you gift. For stories that run a page or more, that gift is a check for $250. Contributors published in “Mailbox” receive a gift certificate for a one-year subscription (which can be used as a subscription extension.) Most other contributors get a hand-forged iron dinner triangle as our token of gratitude for contributing to another great issue of F&RL!
DIARISTS WANTED: Your farm or ranch could be featured in a future issue of Farm & Ranch Living! It starts with you contacting us and telling us a little about your operation. If you are selected, you will be assigned a month to keep a daily journal, and a professional photographer will come out and take pictures at your farm or ranch. When your story is printed, you’ll receive a check for $250 plus 10 advance copies of the issue it appears in to share with family and friends.
AND THE FINE PRINT: By submitting material for publication, you grant Readers Digest Association, LLC, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees use of the material, including your name, hometown and state. We may modify, reproduce and distribute it in any medium and in any manner or appropriate place. We may contact you via phone, email or mail regarding your submission.
Frequently Asked Questions About Submissions
Q: I submitted a story or photos a while back, but I haven’t heard anything. Why?
A: We wish we could respond personally, but because we have a very small staff, it’s just not possible. We do read our mail and everything—published or not—contributes toward making Farm & Ranch Living the unique reading experience it is.
We plan our magazine far in advance, so your submission may be held to be considered for the appropriate upcoming season. If your submission is printed, we’ll notify you with a complimentary copy of that issue.
Q: I have a comment, not a story. How should I send it?
A: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your comment to Farm & Ranch Living, 1610 N. 2nd St., Suite 102, Milwaukee WI 53212.
Q: I am a professional photographer and would like to submit photos for publication. How do I do that?
A: Professional photographers wishing to share a photo for the enjoyment of sharing should selectively send photos to email@example.com as .jpg attachments. File size should be 1-2 MB, and please include information about the photo, such as where and when you took it, names of people or animals in the shot, why the scene caught your eye, a humorous or unusual story behind it, and any other information that would help us write about it.
Professional photographers seeking paid compensation for their photographs should send a link or lightbox of your best photos directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: If I send you a story, does that mean I no longer own it?
A: By sending us a story, photo, etc., you retain ownership but give us and our family of companies permission to use it. Here is our policy:
By submitting material to us, you grant RDA Enthusiast Bands, LLC, its affiliates, partners and licensees worldwide use of the material without time limitation, and the right to include your name, and city/state in connection with any such use. We may modify, reproduce and distribute your material in any medium (now or hereafter existing) and in any manner or appropriate place, including but not limited to magazines, promotional merchandise, and marketing and other related materials. We may contact you via phone, email or mail regarding your submission.