Crochet these baby shoes for your next baby shower; switching out the ribbon color for a new look each time.
- Size 3 white crochet cotton
- Size F/5 (3.75mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain correct gauge
- 4-1/2 yards of 3/16-inch-wide ribbon—white or color of choice
- All-purpose thread to match
- Hand-sewing needle
- Two 5-inch lengths of lace trim
- Two 3mm pearl beads (optional)
hdc(s): half double crochet(s)
RS: right side
sc(s): single crochet(s)
sl st: slip stitch
[ ]: Instructions between brackets are repeated as directed
At the end of Round 3, sole of bootie measures about 3-1/2 inches long x 1-3/4 inches across.
- Round 1: Ch 11, ch 2 more for first hdc, hdc in third ch from hk and in next 9 chs, work 4 hdcs in last ch, hdc in next 9 chs along other side of beginning ch to last ch, work 2 hdcs in last ch, join with a sl st in top of beginning ch-2: 26 hdcs.
- Round 2: Ch 2 for first hdc, work 2 hdcs in next st, hdc in each of next 11 hdcs, work 2 hdcs in each of next 2 hdcs, hdc in each of next 10 hdcs, work 2 hdcs in next hdc, join with a sl st in beginning ch-2: 30 hdcs.
- Round 3: Ch 2, hdc in same st, work 2 hdcs in each of the next 4 hdcs, work 1 hdc in each of next 8 hdcs, work 2 -hdcs in each of next 6 hdcs, work 1 hdc in each of the next 8 hdcs, work 2 hdcs in each of next 3 hdcs, join with a sl st in beginning hdc: 44 hdcs.
- Round 4: Ch 3, [sk 1 hdc, hdc in next hdc, ch 1] around, join with a sl st in
second ch of beginning ch-3: 22 spaces.
- Round 5: Sl st into next ch-1 sp, ch 3 for first hdc and ch-sp, [hdc in next ch-sp, ch 1] around, join with a sl st in second ch of beginning ch-3: 22 spaces.
- Round 6: Ch 1, work 2 scs in each of next 5 spaces, work 1 sc in each of next 12 spaces, work 2 scs in each of the 5 remaining spaces, join with a sl st in
beginning sc: 32 scs.
- Round 7: Ch 1, sc in each of the next 13 sts, hdc in each of the next 6 sts, sc in each of the next 13 sts, join with a sl st in beginning sc: 32 sts. Fasten off.
- Row 1: With RS facing, join thread at 11th st from end of last round (count back), ch 4, [sk 1 sc, hdc in next sc,
ch 1] around to11th st from the be-ginning of last round (count forward), turn: 11 spaces.
- Round 1: Work 2 scs in each ch-sp of cuff, sl st down to sts in last round of bootie and work 1 sc in each st around to beginning space. Fasten off.
- Hand-sew lace trim around the top of the cuff.
- Thread a 55-inch length of ribbon from the center back of bootie through the legs of the spaces as shown in
Figs. 1 and 2 at right. Hand-tack ribbon ends together inside the bootie and trim the excess.
- Thread a 14-inch length of ribbon through the spaces in the cuff as shown in Fig. 3 at right, and tie a small bow to fasten bootie. Hand-tack ribbon to center back of cuff.
- Tie a length of ribbon into a small bow and hand-sew to front of bootie. Sew a pearl to bow’s center if desired.
Finished Size: Crochet Baby Shoe Pattern craft measures about 3-1/2 inches long.
Crocheted Baby Shoe Craft Project originally sent in by Janice Kiwala of St. Louis, Missouri.
Crocheted Baby Shoe craft photography by Country Woman.