Treat hair to its own intoxicating brew with this revitalizing shampoo recipe.
- 3/4 cup cheap beer, which is exactly half of a 12-oz. can
- 1 cup mild shampoo (baby shampoo works well)
- In a nonreactive pan, such as stainless steel, bring beer to a near boil, then lower heat and let simmer until it reduces to 1/4 cup (about 25 minutes). Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Slowly mix the beer reduction into the mild shampoo until fully combined.
- Pour the liquid into a clean 14-oz. (or larger) bottle with a tight-fitting lid. It doesn’t smell like beer, so you can wash hair as usual.
Beer Shampoo Recipe photography by Lori Foy.