This Halloween crafts project takes these painted birdhouses from garden-cute to Halloween-ready.
- Wooden birdhouse
- Acrylic craft paints, black and your choice of color
- 12-in. square card stock, your choice
- Fine black glitter
- Decoupage glue, such as Mod Podge
- Halloween stamps
- Find sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Paintbrush, medium flat
- Sponge brush
- Paper towels
- Foam plate or palette
- Satin varnish
- Sand wooden birdhouse. Wipe with tack cloth.
- Use flat paintbrush and black paint to base-coat roof and base. Let dry. Repeat if necessary for complete coverage. Use flat paintbrush and choice of color to base-coat walls. Let dry. Repeat if necessary for complete coverage.
- Measure rooftop sides. Cut one piece of card stock to fit each side of the rooftop. Use a thin layer of decoupage glue to adhere card stock pieces to rooftop sides. Let dry.
- Use sponge brush to coat roofline edges with a thin layer of decoupage glue. Sprinkle on black glitter until it fully covers glue area. Shake off excess glitter. Let dry. Repeat process to cover birdhouse base with glitter.
- Use sponge brush to coat each Halloween stamp with a thin layer of black paint. To transfer image, press each paint-covered stamp gently onto birdhouse front wall at desired placement. Let paint dry between each stamping.
- Use flat paintbrush to apply varnish to walls of birdhouse. Let dry. Repeat if necessary for complete coverage.
Birdhouse Halloween Crafts Photo by Country Woman Magazine