Make a ring using scraps of colorful fabric that match all of your favorite outfits.
- Fabric scraps in 2- x 2-in. pieces
- 7/8-in. cover button kit
- Triple Thick brush-on gloss glaze
- Adjustable ring blanks with pads
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Start to make a ring by using a pair of pliers to squeeze and pull the hook off the back of the button.
- Following the instructions on the back of the button kit, cover the button with fabric piece.
- Paint one coat of Triple Thick gloss glaze on fabric piece. Let dry for 10 minutes and paint on a second coat of glaze.
- Hang button on toothpick stuck into a Styrofoam ball. Let dry for 24 hours.
- Dab hot glue on the ring pad of the ring blank.
- Press button on top of ring pad and let dry until it’s tightly secured.
Button Ring Jewelry Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Maggie of Smashed Peas and Carrots.
To read more about Maggie and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.