A mix of buttons and gingham decorates this sweet handmade Christmas card.
- Christmas Tree pattern
- Tracing paper
- Straight scissors
- Decorative-edge scissors of choice
- Two 8-1/2- x 11-inch sheets of white card stock
- 6-inch square of green-and-ecru check homespun fabric
- Buttons in assorted colors and sizes
- Several strands of natural raffia
- 15-inch length of jute twine
- Rub-on glue stick
- Glue gun and glue stick or tacky craft glue
- 1/4-inch round-hole paper punch
- Black fine-line marker
- Print Christmas Tree pattern.
- Trace pattern onto folded tracing paper. Cut out with straight scissors. Unfold for a complete pattern.
- Lay pattern on card stock and trace around the shape with pencil. Cut out with straight scissors.
- Cover one side of card stock tree with rub-on glue. Position glued side of on back of homespun fabric so checks are straight in front. Let dry.
- Trim fabric even with edges of card stock tree.
- Referring to photo for position of garland, wrap jute twine diagonally around tree. Secure the ends in back with glue gun or tacky craft glue.
- Fold an 8-1/2- x 11-inch piece of card stock in half to form an 8-1/2- x 5-1/2-inch card. Trim the open edges with decorative-edge scissors so card measures about 6 inches high x 5 inches wide.
- With fold of card on the left, position tree on card so the trunk is centered about 3/8 inch up from bottom edge. Spot-glue in place with glue gun or tacky craft glue. Let dry.
- Punch two holes through both layers of card about 1/4 inch from the fold, positioning each about 2-1/4 inches in from a 5-inch open end.
- With each end coming out in front through opposite holes, pull several strands of raffia through the holes. Tie a bow in front. Trim to desired length.
- With glue gun or tacky craft glue, attach buttons of assorted colors and sizes to the twine garland.
- With black marker, print “Merry Christmas!” across top of card, staggering the position of the letters and adding dots to the ends of each letter. Outline the tree with a dashed line and write a message inside card.
Finished size: Card is about 6 inches high x 5 inches wide.
Country Christmas Handmade Card designed by Amy Burks.