Crochet ordinary plastic bags into adorable coasters.
- Plastic shopping bags
- Size G (4.25mm) crochet hook
HELPFUL ABBREVIATION GUIDE
dc(s): double crochet(s)
hdc: half double crochet(s)
sc(s): single crochet(s)
sl st: slip stitch
[ ]: Instructions between brackets are repeated as directed.
- Cut handles and bottom seam off plastic shopping bags. Cut remaining portion of bag into a continuous 1-inch-wide plastic strip. Each shopping bag will yield about 16 yards-enough to make one coaster.
- Round 1: With plastic strip, ch 4, join with a sl st in first ch made to form a ring.
- Round 2: Ch 3 for first dc, dc in ring, ch 1, [work 2 dcs in ring, ch 1] 6 times, join with a sl st in top of beginning ch-3: 14 dcs.
- Round 3: Sl st to next ch-1 sp, ch 3 for first dc, work 2 dcs, ch 2, 3 dcs in same sp, ch 1, [work 3 dcs, ch 2, 3 dcs in next ch-sp, ch 1,] around.
- Round 4: Sl st to next ch-2 sp, ch 3 for first hdc, work 6 dcs, 1 hdc in same ch-sp, sc in next ch-1 sp, [work 1 hdc, 6 dcs, 1 hdc in next ch-2 sp, sc in next ch-1 sp] around. Fasten off.
Finished Size: Each coaster measures about 4 inches across.
Craft originally sent in by Jobyna Carpenter of Poulsbo, Washington.