DIY homemade magnets are a practical and fun way to accessorize your fridge or any room in your house.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2-cup salt
- 1/2-cup cold water
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutter or round lid
- Small alphabet or other stamps
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Small magnets
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Mix the three ingredients in a bowl until the dough forms into balls.
- To cut shapes, first knead the dough until it is soft and ready to roll out. Flour a flat surface and roll dough onto it until about 1/8-in. thick. Cut out dough with the shape cutter of your choice (Liz used a spice lid to cut hers.) Then stamp the surface of the cutout shapes with your alphabet letters or other stamps.
- Place the stamped shapes on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 2 hrs. Let cool. Then hot glue magnets to the backs.
To read more about Liz and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.