Package your favorite seeds in these easy-to-make DIY Seed Packets to give as gifts or use as fun favors.
- Printer or small envelope
- Paper or lightweight card stock
- Dried seeds
- Print the free downloadable envelope pattern. No printer? Open all flaps of a small envelope and trace the shape onto desired paper or card stock.
- Cut out envelope.
- Fold flaps in; glue one side flap to the other before gluing bottom flap shut.
- Fill your packet with seeds. Glue the top flap shut and label.
Note: Open-pollinated varieties of seeds like bachelor’s buttons, purple coneflower and columbine are best for sharing.
Bright idea: “Before packaging, dry seeds in a shallow dish to prevent mold,” Country Woman reader Nancy Owens suggests. “Mix every so often so they are completely dry.”
DIY Seed Packets Photography by Country Woman.