This easy fabric-stamping technique lets you customize linen napkins, hand towels, table runners and more.
- Linen napkins, ironed
- Large stamp with minimal detail
- Acrylic craft paint
- Fabric painting medium
- Small sponge brush
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, mix fabric painting medium with acrylic craft paint and set aside.
- Lay your linen right side up on a flat surface. Use sponge brush to dab mixed paint onto stamp surface. Coat all raised areas well; wipe excess off edges if needed.
- Press stamp onto linen, keeping stamp parallel to the flat surface. Press gently and remove quickly for a clean imprint.
- Repeat until your pattern is complete, making sure you wash your stamp thoroughly when changing paint colors. Let paint dry as directed by the fabric painting medium instructions before washing.
Editor’s Note: A test stamp on scrap linen lets you see how much paint you’ll need to get the look you want.
Fabric-Stamping craft and photography by Country Woman.