Pretty DIY tinted mason jars are easy to make and have endless color possibilities.
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Glazing medium (we used Liquitex)*
- Liquid food color (mix primary colors for variety)
- Mason jar
- Waxed paper
- Straight pin
* You can substitute decoupage glue, but may need to add a coat of clear varnish to avoid a sticky finish.
- In squeeze bottle, mix about 4 tablespoons of glazing medium with a few drops of food color. Gently swirl to blend to desired hue.
- Hold jar horizontally; pour the mix over the outer sides of jar, avoiding the screw threads and rotating until jar is covered.
- Break any bubbles with a straight pin.
- Set jars upright on waxed paper to dry.
- Periodically wipe off excess glazing medium from the jar bottom with a paper towel.
Note: The color is permanent, but jars are not dishwasher-safe.
Bright idea: Mix primary food colors to come up with a rainbow of colors!
DIY Tinted Mason Jars Photography by Country Woman.