Craft this festive serving tray for your New Year's or holiday party or any special occasion!
- Tray with recessed area
- EnviroTex Lite (a pour-on acrylic polymer that dries clear—available at craft and hardware stores)
- Broken, colored glass ornaments
- Heavy plastic bag
- Bamboo skewer
- Place broken ornaments in heavy plastic bag and use hammer to gently break into small pieces.
- Sprinkle ornament pieces into recessed area of the tray. Arrange pieces as desired, with some pieces colored side up, and others with the inside silver or gold color showing.
- Mix the EnviroTex Lite following the manufacturer’s instructions. Working in a well-lit area, pour the EnviroTex Lite slowly into the tray, completely covering the ornament pieces. Use skewer to break air bubbles, move or break pieces and push down any pieces that surface. Check to make sure the surface is completely smooth. Let dry on a firm, level surface until hardened. N
- Wipe clean, but don’t submerge in water. Note: Tray is not heat-resistant.
FINISHED SIZE: Use any size tray. Our tray measures 11-1/2 inches x 17-1/2 inches.
Elegant Serving Tray originally sent in by Wendy Borchert of Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin.
Photography by Country Woman.