Fabric Dog Collar Covers
With some cotton fabric and a few straight stitches, you can transform your pet's old collar into a fashion statement with this DIY craft.
- 1/8 yd. of cotton fabric
- Standard sewing supplies
- Quilter's ruler or yardstick
- Rotary cutter with cutting mat (optional)
- Measure length of collar; double that measurement and make note of new length. Measure width of collar; double that measurement, add 2 in. and make note of new width.
- Cut a long rectangular piece of fabric using those dimensions.
- Fold each short end, wrong sides together, to form a 1/2-in. hem, and pin in place. Using a straight stitch, sew 1/4 in. from each end.
- Fold fabric piece in half lengthwise, right sides together, and pin in place. Using a straight stitch, sew a 1/4-in. seam along the edge.
- Turn right side out. Slip onto collar and bunch up to form ridges.