Valentine craft ideas like this can be hard to come by. Kids will (heart) receiving love notes in these adorable valentine pouches.
- Pink and white 1-in. wide ric-rac
- Several sheets red felt
- Several sheets stiffened red felt
- Scrap paper
- Standard sewing supplies
- Paint pen or heat transfer letters
- Use scrap paper to make desired size heart template.
- Trace paper template twice onto regular felt and stiffened felt. Cut out 4 pieces, 2 from each type of felt.
- Place one regular and one stiffened felt heart back to back with edges matching. Pin a strip of ric-rac around the edge laying flat between the pieces of felt. Then stitch the edges of the hearts together with the ric-rac sandwiched between them.
- Cut the other set of regular and stiffened felt hearts in half just below the top bumps. Place the lower half pieces of felt back to back with edges matching. Pin a strip of ric-rac along the top straight edge laying flat between the pieces of felt. Then stitch the top edge of the hearts together with the ric-rac sandwiched between. This forms the pocket.
- Place the pocket aligned with the bottom of the previously sewn full hearts. Then stitch around the curved edges leaving the top straight edge open for the pocket.
- Use a paint pen or iron-on heat transfer letters to spell your loved one’s name on the heart pocket.
- Make a small loop with a strip of ric-rac and stitch to the top center of the heart for hanging.
Felt Valentine Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Jamie Bare of The Crafting Chicks.
To read more about The Crafting Chicks and their blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.
Felt Valentine Craft tutorial photos by The Crafting Chicks.