Craft this handmade beaded necklace by choosing your favorite colored beads for special customization.
- Thirteen 1-1/2-inch-long gunmetal eye pins
- Three 20mm black flat Czech glass beads
- Four 10mm light purple oval glass beads
- Four 10mm x 16mm dark purple rectangular glass beads
- Two 10mm black faceted round plastic beads
- 24-gauge gunmetal wire or 2 gunmetal headpins with heads removed
- Two 8mm purple pearls
- 20-inch length of oval and round medium-linked gunmetal chain
- 24-inch length of medium-link open-looped decorative gunmetal chain
- One gunmetal lobster claw clasp
- Two gunmetal jump rings
- To start your handmade beaded necklace, attach a 1-1/2-in.-long eye pin to all the beads except the pearls and form a loop on opposite sides of each bead.
- Slip a purple pearl on a length of 24-gauge wire or headpin with ends removed, and form a loop at opposite sides of purple pearl. Repeat with remaining purple pearl.
- Connect a 1-in. length of the medium-linked chain to each loop of a flat black bead. This bead will be the center front of the handmade beaded necklace.
- To each side of the black bead add the following: one light purple oval bead,
- 1 in. length of medium-link chain, one dark purple rectangular bead, 1 in. length of medium-link chain, one black faceted round bead, 1 in. length of medium-link chain, one pearl, 1 in. length of medium-link chain, one flat black bead, 1 in. length of medium-link chain, light purple oval bead, 1 in. length of medium-link chain, dark purple rectangular bead. Attach 2 in. length of chain to last bead on each end to make a 30-in.-long strand.
- Attach a jump ring about 1 in. from each of the last beads on the first strand.
- Attach the lobster claw clasp to ends of medium-linked chain.
- Attach the length of open-loop decorative chain to jump rings on first strand to finish your handmade beaded necklace.
Finished Size: Handmade beaded necklace measures about 30 inches long.
Handmade beaded necklace craft originally sent in by Sarah Farley of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.