Pair vintage buttons or earrings with ribbons scraps to make pretty handmade cards.
- Purchased 3-in.- x 5-in. gift tag from craft or scrapbooking store (or card stock cut to that size and shape)
- Scrap of wallpaper (or solid color scrapbook paper)
- Round-hole punch
- Scraps of ribbon, 1/2-in.-wide or narrower
- Craft glue
- Vintage button or earring
- Glue wallpaper or scrapbook page to one side of gift tag. Trim excess flush with gift tag.
- Use round-hole punch to make hole through the top of the tag.
- Cut short lengths of ribbons. Fold each ribbon to make a loop (do not crease) and glue ends together. Let dry.
- Starting with the widest and largest loops, glue loops to front of gift tag, overlapping the loops as needed to form a tight circle. Let dry. In the same way, add another layer of narrower and smaller ribbon loops on top.
- Glue and earring or button to the center of the loops. Let dry.
Handmade Card with Ribbon Flowers Craft designed by Kristin Cleveland. Photos by Adam Albright.