Add a fresh burst of herb and olive oil flavor to your recipes in a flash…all year long.
- Wash ice cube tray thoroughly.
- Rinse herbs under cold water. Dry them well, picking off any brown bits.
- Chop herbs into 1/2 in. to 1 in. pieces. If using herbs with a woody stem (such as rosemary and some thyme), pull off and use only the leaves.
- Fill each section of the ice cube tray about half full with chopped herbs, using either one kind or a mixture of herbs.
- Fill each section with olive oil. In a standard size tray, each cube will comfortably hold 1-1/2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Place tray on a level surface in the freezer overnight.
- When cubes are frozen solid (they will look completely opaque), pop them out of the tray.
- Store cubes in a freezer-safe container or resealable freezer bag.
- Use as needed in cooking.
Herb Ice Cubes c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Jessie Cross of The Hungry Mouse.
To read more about Jessie and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.
Herb Ice Cube tutorial photos by Jessie Cross, The Hungry Mouse.