Use a photo to make a silhouette ornament of a loved one, a pet or even yourself!
- Photocopier (optional)
- Side profile photo
- Tracing paper and pencil
- Black card stock
- Choice of colored card stock or scrapbook papers
- Decorative scissors (optional)
- Glue stick
- 8-in. length of ribbon
- Use photocopier to size side profile photo as desired. Trace around photo’s outer edge on tracing paper and cut out to use as silhouette pattern.
- Place pattern on black card stock and trace around outer edge with pencil. Cut out silhouette.
- With compass, make circles of varying sizes from colored card stock or scrapbook papers for the backing. Make the smallest circle at least 1/2 in. larger than the widest part of the silhouette. Cut out circles with regular or decorative scissors.
- Layer circles, centering from the smallest to the largest, and adhere with glue stick. Before gluing the bottom two circles, place ribbon ends between them to form a hanging loop.
- Center silhouette on the smallest circle and secure using glue stick.
Photos by Country Woman Magazine.