The perfect dessert for a Halloween party or fall gathering, these easy-to-make cupcakes are designed to look like pumpkin faces.
- 1 can vanilla frosting (16 oz.)
- Orange food coloring
- 12 cupcakes of your choice
- Assorted candies of your choice: spice drops, fruit leather, green licorice and licorice whips, candy corn, miniature and peanut M&Ms, jelly beans, etc.
- Tint frosting orange; frost cupcakes. Roll spice drops to 1/4-in. thickness; cut spice drops and fruit leather into triangles for eyes and noses.
- Cut licorice into 1-in. lengths for stems. Cut licorice whips into 2- to 3-in. lengths and twist as desired to form vines.
- Make jack-o’-lantern faces with candies. Yield: 1 dozen.
Photo by Country Woman Magazine.