Craft this paper journal as an ease DIY project or as a colorful spring gift for your friends.
- Trace the shape of the journal cover, from the end side to the black line, into a piece of craft paper.
- Cut the craft paper, and glue it to the front of the journal composition book. Repeat for the back of the journal.
- To create tabs for the journal, cut 12 strips of paper (1×7″ each).
- Then, divide your journal into 13 parts, to create a new section for each month of the year. You may want to do this with the strips before you glue them, to get a general idea. The sections will be small but that is all you’ll need since the journal is meant to have one entry per month.
- Fold your paper strips in half.
- Glue the strip to the front page of the section you are working on. Then turn the page and glue the other side of the strip to the other side of the page.
- Once finished, you’ll have 12 tabs and 13 sections. The first section won’t have a tab. After all tabs are in place, number each of them from 1 to 12.
- To make the journal special, use the first general section to add a personal note.
- To add extra fun, create a bookmark to go with the journal, or cut out the numbers of the new year and glue to the inside cover.
Journal Craft Tutorial c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Desiree of The 36th Avenue.
To read more about Desiree and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.