Merry marshmallow snowman treats make a sweet snack or add whimsy to a gift of hot chocolate mix.
- 18 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar
- 6 lollipop sticks
- 12 miniature marshmallows
- Colored sugar of your choice
- 2 Fruit Roll-Ups
- 2 oz. white candy coating, melted
- Pearl dragées
- Assorted paste food coloring
- Brush large marshmallows with corn syrup; roll in coarse sugar. On each lollipop stick, thread three large marshmallows.
- Flatten miniature marshmallows slightly. Brush with corn syrup; roll in colored sugar. Cut six thin strips, about 2 in. long, from a Fruit Roll-Up. For each earmuff, attach two sugarcoated miniature marshmallows and a Roll-Up strip using candy coating. Hold or prop up until set.
- For buttons, attach dragées with candy coating. Using candy coating tinted with food coloring, draw faces. Cut remaining Fruit Roll-Up into strips for scarves; add a scarf to each snowman. Yield: 6 snowmen.
EDITOR’S NOTE: When packaging for a gift, pair these wintry treats with Heavenly Hot Chocolate Mix. Wrap the cocoa mix and snowman in separate cellophane bags to keep them both fresh and pretty.
Marshmallow Snowman Treats from the Country Woman Test Kitchen.
Marshmallow Snowman Treats Photo by Country Woman Magazine