Craft adorable wine cork planters to display small succulents or air plants in your home.
- 6-10 natural wine corks (see note below)
- Choice of small succulents or air plants
- Cactus or succulent soil mix
- Screwdriver or awl
- Craft knife
- Tacky glue
- Small magnets (about 1/2 in.)
- Using the screwdriver or awl, punch a hole about two-thirds of the way down in one end of each cork. Use the knife to enlarge the hole to about ¼ in. wide.
- Glue two or three magnets to the side of each cork; let dry.
- Fill hole in each cork with a pinch of soil. Then add plant, and more soil if needed.
- Place on fridge or other metal surface. Water lightly as needed, or spritz with a water bottle.
NOTE: No wine corks on hand? Craft stores sell inexpensive bags of these popular crafting supplies.
Mini Wine Cork Planters Craft photography by Country Woman.