These cross-stitch musical angels are almost effortless to make. They work up quickly and you can choose any hues you like.
- Musical Angels Cross Stitch patterns
- Four 4-inch × 4-½-inch pieces of white 18-count Aida cloth
- DMC six-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on color key
- Kreinik metallic blending filament in color listed on color key
- Small amount of polyester stuffing
- Size 26 tapestry needle
- White all-purpose thread
- Standard sewing supplies
- Print Musical Angels Cross Stitch patterns.
- Zigzag or overcast edges of two 4- × 4-½-in. pieces of Aida cloth to prevent fraying. Fold each in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise to determine center and mark this point.
- Draw lines across charts connecting arrows to find center of charts. Begin stitching each at this point so designs will be centered.
- Working with 18-in. lengths of six-strand floss, separate strands and use two strands for cross-stitching and one strand for backstitching. Use four strands of blending filament for cross-stitching.
- Each square on the chart is equal to one stitch worked over a set of fabric threads.
- Use the colors indicated on the color key to complete cross-stitching, then backstitching.
- Do not knot floss on back of work. Instead, leave a short tail of floss on back of work and hold it in place while working the first few stitches over it. To end a strand, run needle under a few neighboring stitches in back before cutting floss close to work.
- When stitching is completed, and only if necessary, wash gently in lukewarm water. Press right side down on terry towel to dry.
- Pin one unstitched piece of Aida cloth to the back of one stitched piece with edges matching.
- Machine-stitch the two layers together, stitching one square outside border of stitched design and leaving a small opening for stuffing.
- Stuff lightly and stitch the opening closed.
- Repeat for the other design.
- Trim outside edges of each design five squares from stitching.
- To fringe edges, remove threads from Aida cloth to one square from stitching.
- Sew a 7-in. length of gold blending filament to back at top corners of each trim to make a hanging loop.