A little birdie told us about this tweet way to showcase a special photo.
- Miniature wooden birdhouse
- Flat paintbrush
- Choice of acrylic craft paint
- Bottle cap
- Adhesive epoxy dot to fit cap size
- Paper image or photo cutout to fit cap size
- Scrapbook adhesive
- Patterned scrapbook paper or card stock
- Decorative card stock strips
- 2-in. wide circle punch
- Large bird punch (optional)
- Miniature paper flowers (optional)
- Metal brads (optional)
- Use flat paintbrush and choice of paint colors to basecoat wooden birdhouse. Apply as many coats as needed allowing to dry between coats.
- Use scrapbook adhesive to attach paper images or photo cutouts to interior of bottle cap. Cover with epoxy dot and set aside.
- Cut pieces of paper or card stock to fit rooftop sides and adhere to rooftop with scrapbook adhesive. Cut and adhere decorative cardstock strips to fit front edge of roofline and edge of base.
- Use circle punch to make circle cutout from patterned paper or card stock. Adhere bottle cap centered on circle cutout. Then adhere circle cutout centered onto birdhouse hole.
- If desired, use bird punch to make a bird from patterned paper or card stock and adhere to base of birdhouse.
- Embellish birdhouse with layered paper flowers and brads or other desired decorations.
CRAFTER’S NOTE: For our design, we used Bazzill Basics Paper Avalon 6-in. square mini prints paper pack and Half the Edge Cardstock Strips, Bottle Cap Inc. Distressed Multi-pack Standard Bottle Caps and 1-in. size Epoxy Dots and Fiskars Round Scalloped X-Large Easy Squeeze Punch and A Little Bird Told Me XXXX Large Punch.
Photo by Country Woman Magazine.