Custom Painted Halloween Photo Frames help display the costumes and parties of years past.
- Unpainted wood frame
- Acrylic craft paint, black and another color of your choice
- Weathered wood crackling medium
- Sparkle Mod Podge
- Satin varnish
- Stickers and ribbon embellishments of your choice
- Permanent glue dot adhesive
or tacky glue
- Photo to fit frame opening
- Fine sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Paintbrushes—medium flat and large round
- Foam plate or palette
- Paper towels
- Sand the wood frame. Wipe using tack cloth.
- Use flat paintbrush and black paint to base-coat entire frame. Let dry. Repeat if necessary for complete coverage.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply crackle medium to front of frame only. Let dry.
- Combine equal parts of choice of paint color and Sparkle Mod Podge to form a thick mixture.
- Apply mixture to front of frame. Using round brush, hold straight up and dab mixture on thickly to create texture. Apply only one coat. Let dry.
- Use flat paintbrush to apply varnish all over frame. Let dry.
- Add choice of stickers and ribbon embellishments to front of frame. Use glue dots or tacky glue to secure in place if needed.
- Place photo in frame and display.
Painted Halloween Photo Frames Photo by Country Woman Magazine