Stocking up on Yuletide trims is a quick process with this design.
- Size 10 crochet cotton (Connie used South Maid)—two contrasting colors: red, green or white
- size 7 (1.5mm) steel crochet hook or size needed to obtain correct gauge
- tapestry needle
GAUGE: When working in sc, 8 sts and 8 rows = 1 inch.
SPECIAL STITCH: Refer to crocheting/knitting abbreviations below.
PICOT: Ch 3, sl st in top of previous sc.
DIRECTIONS: SIDE (Make two): With first color, ch 13.
- Row 1: Sc in second ch from hk and in each ch across: 12 sc.
- Rows 2-6: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across.
- Row 7: Ch 1, turn, sc in next 8 sc, leave last 4 sts unworked: 8 sc.
- Rows 8-16: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across.
- Outer Round: Working back around, ch 1, sc in ends of Rows 16-6, hdc in ends of Rows 5-1; working on opposite side of foundation ch, 3 hdc in first st of Row 1, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in next 3 sts, hdc in next 5 sts, 2 hdc in opposite end of Row 1, dc in ends of Rows 2-5, hdc in end of Row 6, 2 sc in first unworked st of Row 6, sc in rem 3 unworked sts, sc in ends of Rows 7-16, 2 sc in each sc of Row 16, sl st in top of first sc of round. Fasten off.
- EDGING: Round 1: Holding sides together, matching sts and working through both sides together, join second color with sc in first st of Outer Round, sc in each st around, join with sl st in top of beg sc.
- Round 2: Ch 1, (sc in next 3 sc, picot) 22 times, sc in next 2 sc, ch 6 for hanger, sc in next sc, picot, sl st in top of beg sc. Fasten off.
- Weave in all thread ends.
FINISHED SIZE: Each stocking is 2 x 2-1/2 inches.
- ch(s) chain(s)
- dc(s) double crochet(s)
- hdc(s) half double crochet(s)
- hk hook
- sc(s) single crochet(s)
- sk skip or skipped
- sp space
- sl st slip stitch
- tr(s) triple crochet(s)
- beg beginning
- lp(s) loop(s)
- rep repeat
- rnd(s) round(s)
- RS right side
- sl slip
- st(s) stitch(es)
- tog together
- WS wrong side
- yo yarn over
- * or [ ] Instructions after * or between brackets are repeated a given number of times.
- ( ) Instructions in parentheses are all worked in one stitch or space as indicated.
Quick and Colorful Christmas Stockings from Connie Folse of Thibodaux, Louisiana