Craft an old lamp shade into a stylish new home accent using a few rolls of wired ribbon in colors of your choice.
- Choice of lamp base and shade
- 5 rolls wired ribbon (more for larger shades)
- Low temperature hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Lighter or candle (optional)
- Spray paint (optional)
- Clear spray sealer (optional)
- Cut wire strip off one edge of the ribbon. On the other edge, expose and pull the wire creating a ruffle in the ribbon.
- Using a hot glue gun adhere the ruffled ribbon in overlapping layers onto the shade. Begin at the top tucking the wire edge of each new layer of ruffled ribbon under the previous layer.
- If desired, very carefully use a heat source such as a lighter or candle to seal the frayed edge of the ribbon.
- If desired, spray paint the lamp base. Following manufacturer’s instructions apply as many coats as needed for complete coverage allowing to dry between coats. Apply a clear sealer to finish.
- Place lamp shade on base.
Ribbon Lamp Shade Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Jen of CraftOManiac.
To read more about Jen and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.