Dig in and create your own fun sand candle—a summer craft the whole family will love.
- 1-lb. bag of soy wax flakes
- All-purpose or play sand
- Waxed 3-1/2-in. wire wick with clip
- Candle wax dye
- Dampen sand 4-5 in. deep in a bucket, a sturdy cardboard box or a sandbox.
- Dig out a star shape 7-8 in. across and 2-3 in. deep.
- Make a small, shallow circle in the center to help the finished candle sit flat on a table.
- Melt wax flakes and dye in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Slowly pour melted wax into sand while holding wick in the center of the star.
- Allow wax to harden completely, about 4 hours. Trim wick to about 1 in.
- Dig carefully around the candle until you can lift it out. Lightly brush off excess sand.
Sand Candle Craft photography by Country Woman.