Paper craft handmade cards featuring a colorful screen door pattern made from leftover screening. What a perfect way to send cheer to a friend.
- Tracing paper and pencil
- Card stock—5-1/2 inch x 8-1/2-inch piece for card
- Contrasting card stock—3-1/2-inch x 5-1/2-inch piece for screen door and two 1/4-inch x 5/8-inch pieces for optional hinges
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Double-sided tape
- Screen/window mesh—3-inch x 5-inch piece
- 1/8-inch round hole punch
- Five brads for hinges and doorknob
- Rubber stamp in design of choice for card front and scrap of white card stock
- Colored pencils
- Craft glue
- Download and print pattern.
- Fold the 5-1/2-inch x 8-1/2-inch piece of card stock in half crosswise to make a card 4-1/2 inches x 5-1/2-inches. With the fold at the left, stamp front of card as desired.
- Trace the door opening pattern onto tracing paper with pencil. Open card and center pattern on the front. With craft knife, cut out opening and discard cutout.
- Trace screen door pattern onto tracing paper with pencil.
- Tape pattern over the 3-1/2-inch x 5-1/2-inch piece of contrasting card stock for screen door. Use craft knife to cut out shape. Discard white areas.
- With double-sided tape, adhere screen/window mesh to back of screen door.
- Use hole punch to make the doorknob hole; insert a brad. Make two holes in each hinge piece; insert brads.
- Glue screen door to front of card over opening and the hinges along left side of door as shown in photo.
- Stamp design onto white card stock, and color as desired. Cut out each stamped design and glue to card front.
- With marker, write greeting inside card so it shows through the screen.
Note: Using colored card stock with a white core? Sand with sanding block or sandpaper for a weathered look.
Finished Size: Each handmade card measures about 4-1/2 inches across x 5-1/2 inches high.
Greetings & Stamps shown for Handmade Card Idea:
Handmade Bee card:
I’m glad to “bee” your friend (Libby Border, The Angel
Company and “bee” your friend sentiment, Inky Antics
Handmade Watering can card:
A little something for you (Something for You and
Road to a Friend’s stamp sets, The Angel Company)
Handmade Chicken in mailbox card:
Just chicken to see how you’ve been doing…
(Inky Antics Rubber Stamps)
Handmade Truck card:
Loads of Love! (Loads of Love set by Stampin’ Up)
Handmade Mermaid card:
Make a splash (Little Mermaid set, The Angel Company)
Handmade Bug card:
Happy Birthday From All Of Us At The Funny Farm.
(Inky Antics Rubber Stamps)
Handmade Pilgrim card:
Happy Thanksgiving to one of my favorite blessings!
Pilgrim Girl, Little Daisy (Inky Antics Rubber Stamps)
Screen Door Cards Paper Craft originally sent in by Michelle Polizzi of Montgomery, IL.