Easy gift idea: Upcycle fabric scraps into sweet sachets for friends, or fun beanbags for kids.
- Fleece or soft, non-stretchy fabric scraps of various colors
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Embroidery floss in contrasting colors
- Tapestry needle
- Potpourri or dried beans to fill
- Download Blanket stitch illustration.
- Using the rotary cutter, mat and ruler, make several 4-inch squares from fleece or fabric scraps.
- Place two squares of same color back-to-back.
- Use embroidery floss and tapestry needle to blanket stitch around the edge of squares to join them.
- Before closing the square, fill with potpourri for sachet or a handful of dried beans for beanbag, through 1-in. opening.
- Continue stitching to close hole and finish.
Photo by Country Woman Magazine