Faux stained-glass DIY Ornaments will easily be an eye-catching addition to your tree.
- Frosted glass ornament (see note)
- Straight pin or needle
- Gallery Glass paints: Emerald Green,
Jadeite Green, Glitter Gold and Black
Liquid Leading shown
- Green glitter glue
- 1/2-in.-wide transparent tape
- NOTE: Use glass ornaments of any shape or size. Frosted spray may be applied to clear glass ornaments. Follow manufacturer’s instructions and allow to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Cut off about 1/2 in. from the tip of the leading bottle. Place one long edge of a 3-in.-long piece of transparent tape straight up the center of the tip of the bottle. Press the tape to the tip as you rotate the bottle, securing the tape all the way to the end of the tip for a leakproof seal. Continue, forming a cone.
- Trim the tape tip 1/8 in. at a time until you get the desired flow and width of leading. As needed, remove and make new tips.
- Using a smooth motion and keeping the bottle tip about 1/2 in. to 1 in. from ornament, apply leading as shown. Let dry for a couple of hours.
- Apply Emerald Green paint to different sections of the ornament. Break any bubbles with pin or needle. Let dry.
- Leaving some sections blank, apply Jadeite Green, Glitter Gold and green glitter glue in the same way. Let dry.
FINISHED SIZE: Round ornament shown measures 3 inches across.
Stained-Glass DIY Ornaments originally sent in by Renee Glowe of Clayton, Wisconsin.
Photography by Country Woman.