Craft heart-shaped edible arrangements as great gifts for Valentine's Day.
- Food skewer
- Plastic bag
- Cutting board
- Heart shaped cookie cutter (Optional)
- Cut a slice of pineapple. Then carefully trim off the rind.
- Cut the outer edge of the pineapple into the shape of a heart. I free handed this as I didn’t have a cookie cutter the right size.
- After the shape is how you want it, take a small cookie cutter (or free-hand cut it as well) and core out the center of your pineapple slice.
- Next, take a kiwi and peel it, than slice it. Because kiwi is pretty soft, make sure your slice is fairly thick. Then, using your cookie cutter, cut your kiwi into a heart shape.
- Place your kiwi heart into the center of your pineapple. Then, take your food skewer and run it through the middle of both the pineapple and the kiwi.
- After the fruit is secured on the skewer, put it in a bag and tie it closed. This will help to keep the juices under control and make it look more like a special treat.
- To finish it off, tie on a cute bow and add a special message. You could say something really cheesy like, “This may sound “FRUITY” but won’t you be my Valentine.” (Yes, I know, go ahead and roll your eyes, it is really cheesy.)
Valentine’s Day Edible Arrangements Craft Tutorial c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Amy Williams of ThenSheMade.com.
To read more about Amy and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.